Monday 27 October 2008

Artists of the North

On Friday Night I attended the Artists of the North exhibition displayed at The Tanks, where two of my artworks are on display.  I have to say the standard of artwork from artists in North Queensland is very high.  I noticed the subject matter is very much inspired by the environment and wildlife around the Cairns area.  My own work, I feel is a bit removed from the 'Tropical North Queensland' style, however I do feel very inspired by the intensity of colour within the area.  I am really starting to find peace in the concept of becoming an artist as my career path. I was always worried that there wouldn't be a future in art for me but the more I immerse myself in the art world, the more I find that the art world in Australia is alive and thriving, and profitable even!

No comments: