Sunday 21 September 2008

Just my imagination

So I have been working non stop on the artwork you see above, it is my submission for the open Cairns Regional Gallery exhibition, which I shall submit tomorrow.  I'm not really sure where it came from, I haven't really done anything like it before, but in hindsight it makes a lot of sense, it is a way for me to mix my love of crochet with portraiture painting/drawing.  The concept was inspired by the 'drunken monkey' as Buddhists use as a metaphor for the mind.  Hundreds of thoughts enter my mind within a minute I feel sometimes, and it probably isn't that good for me.  Having said that, as I often think about, often the thought of something is the most exciting part, anticipating a great event.  This is where this girl is at, it is her aura if you like.  Wish me luck in getting this piece picked xx. 

2 comments:

TurquoizBlue said...

That is beautiful!!! I csn definitely see your concept of the mind being filled with hundreds of thoughts.

Lovely.

Ashton Rigg said...

You know what? I'm calling her Regina. I get that look from her. Plus it reminds me of Regional. You know, for the art gallery? Fo shiz.

xx