Thursday 5 March 2009

"I'd like to thank..."

Like an aspiring actress performs their Academy Awards acceptance speech in front of the TV, I too have a dream. Everyone has a dream; or if they don't it is because they do not have fully realized interests. Mine, as a lover of all things artistic, is to one day win the Archibald Prize, the prestigious Australian Portrait Prize that has been keeping the art of portraiture alive in Australia since 1921.  

Abbey Mcculloch (work featured above) is a young artist from the Gold Coast who gained exposure in the first three issues of dearest Frankie Magazine.  She is now in her second year of the finals for the Archibald Prize, a most deserving winner if you ask me.  Best of luck Abbey, if you win, it means there is hope for me too! My fingers and toes are crossed for you xx.

No comments: