Tuesday 10 June 2008

Love like they do in the Movies

I think maybe that we've been brainwashed by the movies into believing there is a smooth coarse for relationships, that girl likes boy, and boy does boy like girl.  They have days of wonderful kodak moments together, uninterrupted by loads of washing, trips to the toilet and lets face it, the harsh reality of life in all its awkward glory.  In fact, the Brady Bunch household didn't even have a toilet! Why because the producers didn't think it contributed to the ideals of a happy suburban romance ("sunshine, lollypops and rainbows...").  

About this point both hopelessly having trouble walking on solid ground (not to mention keeping it in their pants), when the woman is ready to trust this lucky guy completely, the guy does something ridiculously stupid as men do at the most inappropriate times in the most inappropriate way at least a couple times a day (and no I'm not a feminist I'm a realist :)  

The woman feels great heartache, as one does, as male stupidity can be very distressing.  Meanwhile the man is in tatters as to how they should spend their time, and they realize they are nothing without their dear lassie.  So what must he do? He must stop her from getting in that car/plane/unicycle and leaving him forever! And stop her with one grand gesture that sweeps her off her feet, such as jumping on the moving vehicle, risking his dear life for his dear lassie, saying a cheesy line and a passionate kiss accompanied by Celine Dion or Ricky Martin.   They indeed do live happily ever after, until the camera stops rolling anyway.   

Ahhh yes I must admit this happens to me all the time. I get on that 1E Sunbus and a gorgeous Ashton Kutcher throws himself at me with promises of never ending tender loving care.  Then the bus driver wakes me up as its the end of his shift and I'm drooling all over the upholstery.  Curtains close for a big finale.  The End xx.   

P.S. If you think your my Patrick Swaze my contact details are below.  You know who you are.  

No comments: