Saturday 21 June 2008

The World Wide Web

I can't seem to help myself it seems but constantly update my many profiles on the net pretty much on a daily basis.  I love html-ing like a pig loves rolling around in its own poo.  It makes me happy to be able to make my virtual spaces look pretty, especially if at times I can't make my real life places look clean, neat, creative and classy.  I have a myspace, facebook, red bubble, lomo home, noise art profile, big cartel, photobucket and of coarse a blogspot.  I could turn it into a song if I felt the musical inclination "I've got a myspace, ..., la la la,  and and more virtual friends than you could ever know, and they comment me every day".  

Somedays I wish I could have a letterbox full of heartfelt snail mail, but in the wise words of Bob Dylan 'the times, they are a changin', and alas I greatly enjoy many aspects of these changes.  I can see things that I could never have exposure to without the world wide web from the comfort of my home and even if it is a false sense of oneness.  I take comfort in the fact I can see profiles of people around the world who aren't that different from me and know that even if most of the people closer to home 'don't get me' there are others out there with the same interests, hopes and dreams xx. 

No comments: